• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Just a few pics! (1 Viewer)

Pam_m

Hi Folks,

I hope you don't mind me putting on a few pics taken this afternoon at Upton Warren. The weather was sunny but with a very cold wind!

The pictures from left to right are: Redshank, Black-Tailed Godwit, Lapwing, Greenshank and Avocets & B.T.Godwit.

Attachments

• P1070165.jpg
    P1070165.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 25
  • P1070171.jpg
    P1070171.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 30
  • P1070189.jpg
    P1070189.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 24
  • P1070204.jpg
    P1070204.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 28
  • P1070208.jpg
    P1070208.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 31
Just a few more!

Mrs Mallard enjoyed her bath in the sunshine o:)

Attachments

• P1070148.jpg
    P1070148.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 20
  • P1070220.jpg
    P1070220.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 20
  • P1070225.jpg
    P1070225.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 20
  • P1070191.jpg
    P1070191.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 22
That's a seriously smart Robin you got there Pam! All lovely pics. I've not had much luck recently with the camera and the feathered things, they seem to see me coming! Only reasonable one is this blackie, one of at least half a dozen who frequent my garden, usually waiting for sultanas at breakfast time!

Attachments

• Blackie.jpg
    Blackie.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 20
Thanks Pam, Wendy and Matt.

The Avocets are so elegant, a delight to watch and those legs are such a lovely colour. Just after I had taken the photo they chased the Godwit off, so I was lucky to capture them together.

I was only about 3 feet away from the Robin who was singing away, so he was an easy one Wendy to photograph.
Your Blackie is lovely Wendy, always dependable in the garden.That Rhubarb looks as though it is coming along nicely, or have I mistaken it for something else?

That's rhubarb OK Pam! Only planted it last year, so looking forward to more from it this year. The other 'policeman's helmet' as OH calls them, is covering parsley, but I've dug it up since and will replant soon.

Some lovely photos there Pam! A particularly good one of the Robin as well as the female Mallard having a bath. Some lovely waders you have close-by too, all lovely to see.

Sue.

Hi Pam.
Why would we mind you putting such good pics on? If I had to pick out one, it would have to be the Mallard: she is enjoying the splash about so much there seems to be a smile on her face.

WENDY. Nice pic of the Blackie: may I be first in line for the rhubarb crumble?

All the best to you both.
Baz.

Lovely, lovely pics, Pam. I love the bathtime one - she does look as though she is enjoying it. Our walk was spoiled yesterday as there was a horde of about 12 children and 6 adults ahead of us in the woods, making so much noise that not a bird nor animal could be seen. Grrrr! Glad you had such a nice time, and thank you for the fab pics.

Wendy I spotted the rhubarb first so first helping for me please ;) (join the queue Baz :bounce: )! I bet it will be delicious Wendy :t:

Thank you Sue, Baz, Ruth and Kits for your kind words.

It is getting an exciting time for waders isn't it Sue, and yes we are very lucky to not have to travel too far to see some lovely birds. Upton warren is roughly 20 minutes away from us.

Baz the Mallard is my favourite pic also. She was really enjoying the splashing about and her mate was not far away relaxing in the sunshine as you can see from the other pic.

Ruth I am so pleased you liked the bunny pic, well it is Easter time ;) I thought he would keep my pink bunny company :-O
I put the Lapwing on just right for you Ruth, your new avatar painting is beautiful, well done Ruth :clap: :clap:

What a pity your walk was spoiled yesterday Kits, still at least the families were out and about in the fresh air and not stuck behind a keyboard or game console!(Like me at present, a keyboard that is ;) ). Better luck next time Kits :t:

Happy Spring Birding All

I have an exceptionally delicious recipe for rhubarb crumble. I'll put it over on TS as soon as I get chance. Custard, cream or ice-cream, Pam and Baz?

Wendy Morris said:
I have an exceptionally delicious recipe for rhubarb crumble. I'll put it over on TS as soon as I get chance. Custard, cream or ice-cream, Pam and Baz?

I shall look out for the recipe Wendy :t: Oh and it must be homemade custard for me please ;) o:)

Sorry i am late posting Pam.I love all your pics and your blackie Wendy.

The bunny,bathing mallard and robin pics were my favourites. Absolutely lovely :clap:

Must dash to do dinner but i'll have custard too Wendy ha ha. o:)

Hi Pam,
Oh Pam your selection of pics are lovely. My favourite one has got to be pic 2 the B.T.Godwit.
I would be chuffed to beans to get such a close up veiw of all those birds, well done Pam.

Thank you for showing us Blackie Wendy, I love your "spinning egg" & your Bunny Pam.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back