• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warblers Harare (1 Viewer)

Kamba

Hi All. Please confirm Garden Warbler for the first bird.
Second bird I had as Yellow Warbler but just want to rule out a very yellow Icterine?

Attachments

• 3C9D9B00-383A-407A-B56F-F7C8376DCAF5.jpeg
    3C9D9B00-383A-407A-B56F-F7C8376DCAF5.jpeg
    393.9 KB · Views: 83
  • 0C3A9F48-540C-4512-86BC-7BFDB8D5BD85.jpeg
    0C3A9F48-540C-4512-86BC-7BFDB8D5BD85.jpeg
    276.9 KB · Views: 68
Not sure what other options there are but 1 isn't a garden warbler. I would consider Icterine for that one.

I think the 2nd is ok for yellow warbler.

Bear in mind ‘Marsh’ refers to the breeding habitat and not the Wintering one and MW’s are found singing and feeding in a range of habitats on migration. The ones that used to breed locally here in Worcestershire were found in overgrown Nettle beds with low scrub:t:

Laurie -

Yes, here in Zim if it’s in a marsh it’s not a Marsh! There was one in a friends garden up the road which I missed so very chuffed to see this guy.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back