• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

King Eider (1 Viewer)

It’s not a bird regularly found in Wales. A few turn up in Scotland each year amongst the Common Eider flocks I think, so your best bet would be to look out for the various rare bird reports found on the net.

I imagine the Welsh birders on this forum would be a lot better informed on the subject than me but I would think that your chances of finding one anywhere along the coast of Wales are pretty slim at the best of times.

My understanding is that one has been reported regularly at a place I can't remember - Ceredigion or similar

Hi
Can anyone provide detailed info for seeing the King Eider in Wales please

The regular female is usually seen at the estuary mouth at Ynyslas just north of Borth/Abergavenny. Drive right to the end of the road and park on the beach.
Been a few other good birds in the are recently as well - Hen Harrier, Twite, Water Pipit amongst others.

HTH

Nick

Last edited:
She's been seen by Ynyslas at the river mouth north of Borth. Haven't seen any recent reports but my subscription to RBA has expired.

Just checked Ceredigion birds and it was reported on the 10th of December.

Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back