• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

like it or loathe it #2 (1 Viewer)

Strandman

Here's something a little different from the previous offerings. I escaped from other duties and pleasures over the weekend for just long enough to scan my local estuary were a very lively bunch of RB Mergs. No sketch pad or anything-just pleased to be out. So here's a sketch/cartoon done after the fact and on the computer in strictly 45 mins from beginning to end.

Attachments

• rbmerg copy.jpg
    rbmerg copy.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 187
Your mouse must be on fire Ed! - Actually I think this is excellent - I can see professional applications for this type of vibrant, lively work. (Is there no end to this boy's talent?)

Works for me Ed i'm a hard bitten RB Merganser fan. Those drakes are the top. Got to run, it's their season now 500,000 are passing the Ohio shore on Lake Erie.
Sam

samuel walker said:
Works for me Ed i'm a hard bitten RB Merganser fan. Those drakes are the top. Got to run, it's their season now 500,000 are passing the Ohio shore on Lake Erie.
Sam

ooh- I had no idea they moved in those sort of numbers. What do they do- pass offshore, or do you see six figure flocks on the water?

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back