• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Photo Competition Winners on Facebook (1 Viewer)

Birdforum

Administrator
Hello all,

We are starting to put the winning entries from the competitions onto our new Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/birdforum

Those who are fans of BirdForum on Facebook would then see this pop up in their 'news feed' and on the BirdForum page. Obviously all photos are credited to the winner, but if anyone does object to having a winning entry posted, please contact admin and let them know.

Regards,

BirdForum

Just one question: does Facebook still include language in their user-conditions that everything uploaded becomes copyright facebook?

Niels

Niels,

A good question. It's probably best to review Facebook's terms yourself, which can be found here:
http://www.facebook.com/terms.php

From what I understand, essentially, you retain both ownership and copyright of any IP you upload to Facebook, but you grant Facebook the right to use the content. I believe this is more of a technicality to prevent people from being able to sue for silly things (like the fact that things you post might appear in someone's news feed, which could be seen as 'republishing' it) but I'm not an expert on the matter.

In all honesty, I struggle to believe it's ever likely to become an issue in any way, but as mentioned if anyone objects just let admin know. It's simply meant to be a nice way to highlight the winning entries in other formats, and to perhaps a wider audience and make a slightly bigger deal of it.

Ollie

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back