• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What is difference of HD glass (1 Viewer)

garrickw

I noticed some of the scopes advertised are HD glass the scope i just purchased is not is there a big difference I have a Vortex 20-60 zoom by80
would this be a good scope to digi scope with?

Do you have the basic non HD Viper model? Even that model still uses a type of low dispersion glass so I should think it would be fine for photography. Scopes that don't use any type of low dispersion glass tend to show a lot of aberrations like blue/red color halos around high contrast areas. Scopes that use any type of low dispersion glass tend to be better corrected for this. There's different types of low dispersion glass and some are better corrected than others.

Paul.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back