• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help how do I (1 Viewer)

harry eales

Ancient Entomologist
Sorry to bother you, I have posted a photograph to the Gallery that I wish to enter in the Monthly photographic competition. How do I do it???? I have looked everywhere for some way to do it, but unfortunately can't find out how. It's probably blindingly obvious, but I can't see it.

Harry

Last edited:
Harry

I assume you have the image you want to enter into the competition on your PC at home?.
If so.
Go to Gallery Left of top red bar ( Teaching Granny eggs!.
Gallery Home
Scroll dow to bottom of Galleries and the Monthly Photo Competition Gallery is at the bottom.
Enter Gallery
Upload is on the top Paler Blue Bar.

HTH
Upload

If you have already posted it to the Gallery Harry, just send me the link to the photo. If it was not uploaded to the monthy competition category, I will move it for you. Either post the link here or send by PM. I'll be off for a short while but will handle it the moment I am back on.

KCFoggin said:
If you have already posted it to the Gallery Harry, just send me the link to the photo. If it was not uploaded to the monthy competition category, I will move it for you. Either post the link here or send by PM. I'll be off for a short while but will handle it the moment I am back on.

Many thanks Alan and KC,
I have managed to get it in there after struggling for a while, due to my fumbling efforts its also in the photo gallery twice as well. Ho Hum, I'm getting to old for all this technology. It was far easier with a box brownie camera in the old days. You just sent a picture in by snail mail. lol

Thanks again.

Harry

KCFoggin said:
I'll remove the extra if you like Harry. Just let me know.
Hello again KC,
Thanks it would be a great help, I wouldn't like to be thought to be cheating in the Monthly Competition by posting multiple pictures.

The picture is of a Green Hairstreak butterfly both were uploaded on 4th August. (yesterday)
The locality given is Low Westwood Co.Durham. and the picture was taken on the 7th May 2004. I hope that is enough information for you. Many thanks.

Harry

Sorry to resurect this thread, but I've tried to follow the instructions Alan posted for Harry and it all goes wrong when there's no Upload option on the pale blue bar.
Am I missing something?!
Thanks in advance

Just noticed it keeps logging me out and when I log back in and try to enter the gallery it just logs me out again. :h?:
Any ideas?

Nekkid you are possibly not getting onto the competition site as you have to be a member prior to August to enter this prize competition, you should be able to put any photos you wish to in the main gallery.

If you have any further trouble contact one of the mods or admin who should be able to help you.

Nekkid said:
Just noticed it keeps logging me out and when I log back in and try to enter the gallery it just logs me out again. :h?:
Any ideas?

Hi,
It's possible your privacy settings are to high.
Click on tools/internet options/privacy.if it's set on high move the slider down one notch to medium high,and click apply,(you can always return it to high later) now try to enter gallery again.
Fingers Crossed!
Alan. B :)

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back