• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

MS Essentials help (1 Viewer)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
I've been using a website for yonks with no problems, but trying to use a new feature they've introduced it's not fully working for me (I can't Preview what I've done, though I can complete the task). The original parts still work fine.

I've been in communication with them, and they have no problem using the same browser as me (Pale Moon) and suggested I tried Goggle Chrome. However, I get the same problem there, and on Internet Explorer.

So they think it's my Firewall and said I should open it up to adjust the settings to 'allow' them.

I've looked but can't see what to do, or where to do it. And am scared of breaking something!!:eek!:

Am I safer to leave things alone?

Internet Explorer offers several levels of restriction, which can be turned off individually.
You can do that for just a single session, so by trial and error, you can find what is causing the problem.
I've found that Tracking Protection is often a sore spot, deactivate that and usually you're good to go.
If you set the browser to flush all cookies after each session, the risk involved is lessened.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back