• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

fashion brands/outdoor use brands?? (1 Viewer)

matt green

Norfolkman gone walkabout
has anyone noticed how many fashion/casual brands are styling their products to look like genuine outdoor leisure wear?

specificaly i'm looking for some new walking boots,i've seen some natty looking timberland chocorua hiking boots in my home shopping catalogue,but wondering wether they are more of a fashion product than genuine walking boots.

also many jackets appear to be made for the outdoor leisure market but made by brands more often associated with high street casual wear?

might sound a bit of an odd question,but many here will know that it is perfectly possible to spend a lot of money on a piece of clothing etc and still end up with a pile of poo!

your thoughts welcomed

matt

I now have the oportunity to answer my own question...

I ordered a pair of timberland chocorua hiking boots from a home shopping catalogue,they're pants.

these £95 casual wear boots arn't hiking boots at all,just made to look like it!

I doubt they would last a month or two judging by the very soft leather uppers,sent them back!

for this price I can get a decent pair of brasher or meidl boots..for real hiking!

a lesson learnt

matt

Thanks for the warning, I thought Timberland was a pukka brand, I shall stick to buying whatever is going cheap in Tescos and replace them often.

Mick

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back