• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Breaking news: Gramborough delivers the Mega Mega . . . . . . . . . . (almost) (1 Viewer)

firstreesjohn

12 June: Spotted Flycatcher, Garden Warbler (foy; in brief song). ♂ Wheatear (scarce in June: records on the fingers of one hand) and possible Black Redstart (seen very badly and even scarcer in June) in a’noon. A “bright” Phyllosc was glimpsed by an ultra-experienced world birder - obviously not me. This, despite the sustained efforts of seasoned birders well worth their salt, eluded their gaze. The most exciting, if frustrating, ‘passerine day’ since early April.

A digest of this strange Spring’s sightings is in the process of assembly and will be published well before the end of the year - thus, rathe and timely.

Attachments

• DSC07297 Spotted Flycatcher Gramboro.jpg
    DSC07297 Spotted Flycatcher Gramboro.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 45
12 June: Spotted Flycatcher, Garden Warbler (foy; in brief song). ♂ Wheatear (scarce in June: records on the fingers of one hand) and possible Black Redstart (seen very badly and even scarcer in June) in a’noon. A “bright” Phyllosc was glimpsed by an ultra-experienced world birder - obviously not me. This, despite the sustained efforts of seasoned birders well worth their salt, eluded their gaze. The most exciting, if frustrating, ‘passerine day’ since early April.

A digest of this strange Spring’s sightings is in the process of assembly and will be published well before the end of the year - thus, rathe and timely.

So there was a Spotted Flycatcher less than 10km from me! You've made my day...!:t:
MJB

Thought this was going to be something about US politics... instead I guess it's all about making Norfolk great again (Manga). Much better!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back