• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID in Korea (1 Viewer)

Two thrushes (I think) near Seoul. I would guess gray-headed and dusky but I'm not sure. Any ideas?

Thanks,
tbg

Attachments

• IMG_4096.JPG
    IMG_4096.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4101.JPG
    IMG_4101.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 55
The second one is indeed Dusky. The first one is Naumann's Thrush, which used to be considered a red-flushed ssp of Dusky, but has now been separated as a a species (although it might in fact be a hybrid Naumann's x Dusky).

I can't find 'Grey-headed' in my books. Did you mean Grey-backed?

Last edited:
Great.

Slightly off topic, but you can edit your location in your profile if you have now moved to Korea; or alternatively edit your flag if you are now in HK. But the current combination looks a little odd. I think most people put the flag of their main location, rather than the flag of their nationality. A few people have two or three locations, in which case they seem to put either the flag of their nationality (assuming it's one of their locations and their home base) or of the location where they spend most time, or about where they post the most. I'm not Japanese, for example, but it's where I've lived most of my life, and my main birding area.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back