• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

First attempt at original anagrams! (1 Viewer)

Kalamazoo Ken

Hi everybody!
I've been enjoying your anagrams a lot, birdman, and decided to give a go at developing my own. I have no idea how you do it, but these are all "organic" (no-software-used) efforts. There is a theme, and I couldn't decide which one to leave out, so I present all eleven! ;)

1. MAKE-DO BRIDAL HELL!
2. TO STAMP BIN LADIN, CRACK
3. FIVE TROUBLED RACES STARTED
4. CREAMIER HUE ON BEAN STREET
5. DEE: BOOK D.C. DOO-WOP ROLLER
6. FRUIT-GARDEN BABE -- SO RUN, DICK!
7. I SIP YOU, TRUTH
8. WIDE, GREEDY-BRAINED SHE
9. BRUTAL BEES BUILD – I FROWN!
10. VOOSH – FURNACE IS NICE!
11. FIRST SON (SAMUEL) TATTLED

I'm not able to monitor things as closely as I'd like, but I'll be checking in as often as I can to see how you all are doing.

Grace and peace! Ken

I'm looking forward to trying these Ken...

Unfortunately, v. busy weekend, so I'm gonna print them off and do them later... by which time, I expect, everyone will probably have sussed them!!!

Hi Ken,

Is there a "c" missing from No. 5?

I hope so... otherwise I'm completely wrong!!! ;)

Oh dear! You're right about #5, Birdman -- I was afraid I'd make some such goof. Sorry 'bout that! You're probably right on the money.

How about: DECK D.C. DOO-WOP OBOE-ROLLER

Grace and peace -- (Red-faced) Ken

Last edited:
In that case...

No.5 Blood-colored Woodpecker

(Don't worry Ken, I've done that myself!)

Hmmm... struggling now... and I'd better go to bed.

It's much harder this way round Ken!!!

Hey there, Birdman -- You're batting 1.000 (Excuse the Americanism -- I have no idea what the cricket equivalent is!) Have you got the theme yet?
I don't know if the Black-and-Crimson Pitta goes by another name; wouldn't be surprised. I don't have any reference that gives it.
And just so you know, your insomnia is merely payback for that which you have caused me -- and many others, I don't doubt! ;)

Three to go . . .

Grace and peace -- Ken

Last edited:
And just so you know, your insomnia is merely payback for that which you have caused me -- and many others, I don't doubt! ;)
Aaah... touché!

I would appear to be 6 not out, (robinm has put on 2 at the other end).

The theme would be shades of red...

I hadn't noticed until now. Should give us all a chance with the other three, which have proven to be stinkers!

:t:

With a classic drive into the covers robinm hits (hopefully) the winning 3 runs.

6 Ferruginous-backed Antbird
9 Rufous-webbed Brilliant
11 Russet-mantled Softtail

Hope I enjoy the cricketing metaphor, Ken

I think birdman has the theme.

Ta-dah! :clap: Joyous celebrations resound! Between the two of you, Robin and the Birdman, all is accomplished. Well done! :t:
That was fun. I think I may give it another go. It IS a lot easier creating than deciphering. But I will be looking forward to your next challenges, Birdman.

Grace and peace -- Ken

PS -- On some future visit to the UK (obviously I can't do it on a past visit, now, can I?), I must get a chance to watch at least part of a cricket match. I've read about it, had it explained to me, and seen highlights on the telly, but never experienced it "live." And it would be fun to meet either or both of you in person, if circumstances allow.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back