• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Celestron trailseeker 80 OR Vanguard endeavour hd 82a (1 Viewer)

vueltinguer

Hi, I'm looking for a best bang for the buck scope, and I have narrowed my search between those two scopes. I have read both positive and negative reviews about the Vanguard, but only a few about the trailseeker, almost all of them with a very good result.

Now I got a Ultima 80 borrowed from a friend and I think that for 200€ is a great piece of equipment,but I want something better.

I know that regarding the Vanguard is more a matter of luck, maybe optics will be better but quality controls are some sort of lottery, regarding the trailseeker it is about 100€ cheaper here in Spain, got no ED glass, but the few reviews (from Amazon, not very reliable for me....) are very positive.

Can somebody please help me to throw some light in to the deep and dark abyss of choosing the right scope?

Any help will be very appreciated,

Jose

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back