• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon SX50 Specs (2 Viewers)

Thank you for letting me join!

Hi! I've birded most of my life and purchased a used SX50 a few years ago and mainly used it on auto. I now have time to learn how to use the camera settings for better results.

Thanks to the many posts which have helped already.

Where can I find an explanation of this statement?

And I'd say that if one uses the 2x often, set it to the outside "S" button. The "S" button is variable and can be set to turn on and off a menu option without the need to go into the menus while trying to get a shot before the critter leaves the scene.

I'm new to BF and to using mt SX50 settings. What does 'set it to outside the 'S' button and what is the 's'button?

TIA

Here.

This index might help too. Page numbers aren't right (at least for me!) but post number is still correct.

HTH

Chris
Thanks for that. Why are the links wrong? Something to do with the forum upgrade?

I'm a bit late to the party with this camera. Are people still using it, or has everyone moved on?

I suspect most have moved on. I loved mine, but upgraded to the SonyRX10 iii six years ago when I wanted a bigger sensor.

The current version is the Canon SX70.

Cheers
Mike

I'm a bit late to the party with this camera. Are people still using it, or has everyone moved on?

I still have three working SX50's though one is a bit creaky. My kids use them when they need something better than their phones. But I want them back :)

I got an SX70 last May. After a lot of tinkering and testing, I'm getting better shots at maximum zoom than the SX50 was providing. I only use the SX70 now.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back