• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Getting close (1 Viewer)

nigelblake

don't re member
Hi all

Many people have made the comment on my pictures in the gallery 'how do I get so close to the birds I photograph', the simple truth is that I spend a lot of time watching where they regularly go and perch, feed etc and then I get set up near these sites and wait for them to come close to me, this makes a big difference, as most are so wary that if you are moving towards them all they will do is retreat, so you just end up chasing them. Patience is as they say a virtue.

Nigel

Last edited:
Nigel: what about setting up a fieldcraft workshop one day so members can actually watch the master in action? We would obviously have to pick a location where people could be in a hide, or otherwise hidden, so they didn't spoil the object of the excercise.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back