• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bushnell Custom 7x35 (1 Viewer)

Bencw

Nice little find, I have the 8x36 version of this as well, they give a super image, but slightly fuzzy right at the edge of FOV, something I dont notice with the 8x36. still very useable despite their age, they are of course a bit heavy compared to modern bins, but very solid. I got this for peanuts compared with the HR5 I just posted in the Swift section, but to me the image is just as pleasing.Nice and clean inside, no work needed for a change.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/95019762@N07/

Attachments

• BUSHNELL-CUSTOM-7X35.JPG
    BUSHNELL-CUSTOM-7X35.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 243
  • BUSHNELL-CUSTOM-7X35...JPG
    BUSHNELL-CUSTOM-7X35...JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
This looks like the binocular James Garner uses in "The Rockford Files." You can see it from its objective end at the introduction of most of the shows which are going through re-runs now on my Cable.

Good bin for a private eye!:t:

Bob

Used to love the Rockford files Bob, they showed some repeats a couple of years back here. This would have been a near top notch bin back when that was made.

That is in beautiful shape! I have a Custom in the 9X36 that I bought new when still a youth. Mine show more wear as it was my one and only binocular for many years. I have a friend who has a 7X35 that was his father's and looks in great shape like yours. I still enjoy using mine from time to time. Thanks for sharing.

I also have the 9x36, purchase last week, storage wear only.
They are still pretty good glass and being high class porro's (for their time) have a bit of elegance.
Seems so many glasses these days lack that elegance.
Work great as coffee table glasses to have handy.
Art

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back