• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird call ID Manchester (1 Viewer)

LizzieI

Hi there
Could anyone identify this bird call - it kicks in at around 30 seconds (sorry I didn’t want to try cutting the audio in case I cut the wrong part by mistake!).
It’s a really distinctive call and appears every morning outside my bedroom window at 6:30am prompt. I haven’t managed to get a look of the bird!
Thank you

Attachments

• Bird.m4a
    414.9 KB · Views: 105
Oh thank you! I’d listened to the song thrush calls but it didn’t sound the same. I guess here are many different types of calls however for each bird (I’m a newbie).

Hi, welcome to the forum. It's a nuthatch. I can confirm the Manchester forum is excellent. :)

Whoops! Apologies. I've never heard a Nuthatch, we don't have 'em over here. Wish I could see one though. Every time I go to visit friends in England I stare into their gardens, hoping......;)

It could be a nuthatch as I’m sure the mother in law said she’d seen one in the garden!
Send one to me! We had no Great Spotted Woodpeckers either until about a decade ago. Then they came over off their own bat, and now they've expanded their range all along our East Coast and over as far as Limerick. Probably upwards of a hundred pairs. But I digress from your thread-topic....enjoy the Nuthatch if you see it. Very pretty bird!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back