• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon coolpix 4500 (1 Viewer)

punta

My brother wanted me to ask this - are there any more modern Nikon cameras that have the same lens thread as the 4500 please??

He has broken his camera but wants to still use the adapter he has connected to the scope for another camera with the same thread size.

Cheers Paul

Nikon P5000/P5100 I know are compatible as I use one with the same adapter I had for my 4500. You will need to buy a step down ring for the external zooming though. They're not exactly modern but are quite often turning up s/h in various places and I still rate the P5100 as one of the best digiscoping compacts around. Just look at the digiscoping gallery on my website if you need any proof.

My brother wanted me to ask this - are there any more modern Nikon cameras that have the same lens thread as the 4500 please??

He has broken his camera but wants to still use the adapter he has connected to the scope for another camera with the same thread size.

Cheers Paul

If it's of any use, I've got a Coolpix 4500 that I don't use any more and would be willing to sell... send me a PM if you're interested.

Nikon P5000/P5100 I know are compatible as I use one with the same adapter I had for my 4500. You will need to buy a step down ring for the external zooming though. They're not exactly modern but are quite often turning up s/h in various places and I still rate the P5100 as one of the best digiscoping compacts around. Just look at the digiscoping gallery on my website if you need any proof.

He did mention the P5100, but was not sure the thread on his adapter would screw onto the lens.

thanks for the info.

Paul

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back