• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

1/2 day on Mull-what to do? (1 Viewer)

David Smith

Warrington Lancs
We have 2 Mull wild life tours and 1/2 day Sea Eagle trip booked(thanks Marcus:t:). The Sea Eagle trip will take 3 hours so, if we can do that in the morning it will give us approx 5 hours before the ferry back to Lochaline.

We will have the car so......any suggestions what do do/where to go etc. It doesn't have to be wildlife as the tours will (hopefully cover that) but anything of interest-wildlife or other- would be good.
Thanks
(3 days to go-but who's counting:-O)

The main Puffin numbers are on Lunga - there are some on Staffa, but not as good as Lunga - though you would get to see Fingals cave.

I would spend the time looking round Loch na Keal and Loch Sridain for wildlife or alternatively a trip towards Grasspoint and you could visit Duart castle for a non-birding diversion.

Perhaps you could take a boat trip to Staffa. It is stunning and there will be lots of Puffins. I did it three years ago.
Would love to do that but have only just convinced my 'land lubber' wife to do the Sea Eagle trip so immediately following that with another one might not be on the agenda:storm:

Keep the time free and then re-visit one or two of the sites that you visit on the tours, I guarantee that you will want to spend more time at one or more location...

I took the wife on a Pony Trek (mullponytrekking.co.uk). A great way to take in more fabulous scenery, though wouldn't recommend using bins on a moving horse!

JW

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back