• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Inherited a Pair of Nikon 7x35E Binoculars... (1 Viewer)

cohenfive

My dad recently passed away, and as a result I inherited his old Nikon 7x35E binoculars. I would like to learn about them, whether they are any good in this day and age, and also whether they have any value in today's market. The are in perfect shape with their case and in their original gold box. Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Excellent binoculars. I believe they had two or three versions. Some with multi-coated lenses and some with only single coating, but I may be wrong. I own a couple of them and they are my favorite of the 7x35 binocular I've owned. I usually use ebay as a price guide. I've seen near mint to mint sets of the Nikon 7x35E going between $100 - $200 on average. Having the box and manuals helps to get a higher asking price.

First off: I am sorry to read about your loss.

But with his old binos you will always be reminded of him when you keep using them and not selling them in the bay.

My dad has also the 7x35 E with rubber eyecups. They are in very good condition. Just recently this forum helped me to identify them correctly.

A few weeks ago when I visited him I had the opportunity to watch some birds in my parents' garden with those binos. They were comfortable to use even with my eyeglasses on.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back