• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Elegant Trogon (1 Viewer)

RickT

In regards to my first post, "Is it fair", I want to thank all of you for your warm welcomes and constructive comments. Now, I certainly have an idea of what's acceptable as a competition photo and what's not.

At your request, I'm enclosing another photograph of the trogon (this time unprocessed). The only difference is its pose and it's in sharp focus.

I saw this bird while camping at Cave Creek, Arizona this past April. SE Arizona is a wonderful place to bird in the spring.

RickT

Attachments

• trogonsh.jpg
    trogonsh.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 312
Rick, I really liked the watercolor wash effect of the first shot. And this one's pretty good, too-- I like just plain old decent birders' pictures of birds, like you might really see the bird. I got my own Elegant Trogon not far away, in Madera Canyon, but that was over 20 years ago now.

Thanks Rick. A very lovely bird. So many shots of birds are taken in low light conditions thus the DOF is not what we would like it to be. In this shot you did the important thing and shot the shallow DOF but did get a good focus. I have 2 birding lists. One is seen and IDed the other is photographed. I take the greatest pride in the later. I would have been proud to have taken this shot.
Doug

Rick

A Very good photograph. I like the way the out of focus foreground vegetation frames the bird without any of it getting in the way. You should be proud of this shot.

Dave

Hey Rick - I just realized where you are from. I'm in Westlake Village! Nice to see someone that local on here. This is a very pretty shot of the Trogon! I would absolutley love to visit SE Arizona for a a birding trip some day. Welcome to the forum :)

Leslie

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back