Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Ethiopia Feb 2020 independent budget

Old Thursday 3rd October 2019, 07:39   #226
Carol Rushton

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by halftwo View Post
Another company has said they've been there several times this year, since the trouble - it seems to be very changeable.
Good morning, Richard.

Thank you for your continued help and efforts.

I remain very keen to do this trip and have been keeping my diary open, to be able to do so.

I have, also, already been doing some pre-trip preparation, over a number of weeks.

I have had a couple of trips away, recently, since my last posting in the thread and am currently in the throws of trying to sell my house in Norfolk, which is both stressful and time consuming.

I am a very flexible person, by nature and happy to remain so in my approach, with regard to this trip. I am happy to trust your judgement and that of the ground agents about the southern loop. My dearest and nearest do not want me to be attacked or shot.
Ideally, like you, I would like to try for the birds in that area, but would not want to do so, if this is felt to be unsafe.

Given my flexibility, I do not feel that you and I would fall out about what to do with the remainder of the time, if it does not prove possible to do the southern loop, ie due to safety reasons.

If the southern loop is essential, then I am happy to wait to do this trip, if it is felt that the departure date ought to be delayed, for safety reasons.

In order to move forwards perhaps we could try and get answers from your chosen ground agent on the daily costings, night drives and size dimensions of the vehicle.

As I have previously said, my ideal, from both a comfort and a costing point of view, is 3 people in a vehicle, in addition to the driver.

I hope you have a great holiday in Brazil, Richard.

All the best, Carol

Last edited by Carol Rushton : Thursday 3rd October 2019 at 07:46. Reason: Typos and clarity
Old Thursday 3rd October 2019, 08:17   #227
temmie

just FYI, check the bigger international bird tour companies' itinerary and check, in a while, their reports. At the moment BQ is doing its tour and I am pretty sure they do the itinerary as normal bar maybe some little sidetrips. I reckon there will be a report in approx. 1-2 months but I see daily updates by Nik Borrow and they should be in the South in a week, so time will tell.

BF Supporter 2009 2010 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Thursday 3rd October 2019, 08:33   #228
Carol Rushton

Quote:
Originally Posted by temmie View Post
just FYI, check the bigger international bird tour companies' itinerary and check, in a while, their reports. At the moment BQ is doing its tour and I am pretty sure they do the itinerary as normal bar maybe some little sidetrips. I reckon there will be a report in approx. 1-2 months but I see daily updates by Nik Borrow and they should be in the South in a week, so time will tell.
Hi Temmie,

Thank you, wise words and advice

Coincidentally, just as you must have been typing your message, above, I had a message simultaneously from a friend of mine, who knows Nik Borrow, that " Nik scored Harwoods Francolin in the Jemma Valley, yesterday !! "

Kind regards, Carol

Last edited by Carol Rushton : Thursday 3rd October 2019 at 08:54.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: