• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

No visitors! (1 Viewer)

Oneflateric

Hi all,
Any ideas why the bird population have stopped visiting my feeding station? I moved it away from a cat stalking area to a safer one and now the birds are no longer coming to visit. See photo for new location

Thank you

Attachments

• 20181211_112006-871x888.jpg
    20181211_112006-871x888.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 44
I think sometimes you just have to give them a chance to find the new spot? I'm sure once one or two have twigged, they'll tell the gang and you'll be inundated :)

How long has it been since you moved it? It does take time for them to find it all again. You got a nice buffet, they will find you :t:

There doesn't appear to be much cover near the feeders. Birds like to have a tree/bush/shrub nearby to fly to if they sense danger. They are also placed quite close together and it looks like they are very close to a window which might put them off if they see a lot of movement in the window.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back