• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Upton Warren (56 Viewers)

Cheers Neil - I wonder if John retrospectively completed the form for this year at Upton what it would come out at. If Stevie N took part he would boss it at Belvide

Cheers Neil?! Hope you're better at IDing birds than forum posters πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜‰

Happy Xmas to all, hope the Pintails are there tomorrow.

Cheers Neil?! Hope you're better at IDing birds than forum posters πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜‰

Happy Xmas to all, hope the Pintails are there tomorrow.

Soz Mike - thought you were Mr Duggan continuing to educate us about PWC

A very Merry Christmas to all visitors (regular and irregular) to Upton Warren and all those who contribute to the work parties.

Does anyone know what the situation is with the opening the Sailing Centre car park over the festive period?

sailing pool car park opening times

Christmas Day ..............closed

Boxing Day...open 9.30ish ........closed 4.15

Sunday 27th Dec till Thursday 31st December ...(Cafe open 10 - 4pm)

New Years Day.... officially closed

However I might be able to open up and close, dependant on Family commitments. As soon as I know I will post. B :)John

HAPPY CHRISTMAS and GREAT BIRDING NEW YEAR B :)B :)B :)

Christmas Day ..............closed

Boxing Day...open 9.30ish ........closed 4.15

Sunday 27th Dec till Thursday 31st December ...(Cafe open 10 - 4pm)

New Years Day.... officially closed

However I might be able to open up and close, dependant on Family commitments. As soon as I know I will post. B :)John

HAPPY CHRISTMAS and GREAT BIRDING NEW YEAR B :)B :)B :)
I just wanted to say (after some glasses of port) that I joined the trust in July this year and have loved using Upton Warren. I've even joined my mum and she's started to come down. A big thank you to everyone who puts in the hard work to maintain the habitat for the birds. A big thank you to those who have talked to me and helped me with IDing the birds (Vern is the only name I can remember, sorry to those who's names I can't) Birding isn't cool with my mates and they take the p*#* but I don't care. I've had a thoroughly good time! Merry Christmas and a happy new year!
Scott

I just wanted to say (after some glasses of port) that I joined the trust in July this year and have loved using Upton Warren. I've even joined my mum and she's started to come down. A big thank you to everyone who puts in the hard work to maintain the habitat for the birds. A big thank you to those who have talked to me and helped me with IDing the birds (Vern is the only name I can remember, sorry to those who's names I can't) Birding isn't cool with my mates and they take the p*#* but I don't care. I've had a thoroughly good time! Merry Christmas and a happy new year!
Scott

I'm sure this will be very much appreciated by all the work party crews. :t: John

GWE still present to 15.30, also one Little Egret during the afternoon. Shelduck, c.70 Teal, 32 Shoveler, two Snipe, a GCG and two Little Grebe also on Moors with at least a dozen Pochard, although actually uncounted, and 32 Cormorant. Little Grebe also on SP. Flashes to dusk had c.460 Lapwing, Shelduck (presumably from Moors), 12 Curlew and two Green Sand in to roost. Redshank reported earlier.

Des further reports from the Moors Pool this afternoon:

Great White Egret, drake Wigeon, 2 Gadwall, 25 Pochard, 1 Little Egret and 2 Shelduck

The return of the Biking Birder

Phil, Do you know when Gary is due to arrive at Upton on Wednesday? Presumably at the Moors car park, his starting point.

By the way, what is his current total for the year?

Peter

I will ask him and let you know Peter.

Currently on 288 with realistically only Caspian Gull to be added between now and the year end.

I believe he will also be down on the 1st January (camping overnight?) as he starts his next round Britain biking journey - this time aiming solely for the European Green Birding record of 305 species.

just a few hours this evening, sailing pool 12 GCG ,Kingfisher doing a lap.
Flashes, Redshank, Curlew 12, Lapwing 450c, Grey and Pied Wagtail, Green woodpecker 3, Buzzard, Shelduck, Shoveler , Teal, Mallard. 4 mute Swans. only birds after dark Redwing and fieldfare, ducks and geese flying in

Attachments

• IMG_2527.JPG
    IMG_2527.JPG
    898.6 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_2529.JPG
    IMG_2529.JPG
    806.7 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_2534.JPG
    IMG_2534.JPG
    422.3 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread