• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Greater Manchester Birding (1 Viewer)

This thread seems to have turned into a "what is manchester" thread.

Juat to get in back on track - have a Firecrest in my garden at the moment - a nice garden tick. Benn trying to get a decent picture all day, but this is the best I could do as it has been very illusive.

Nice garden tick. I've been checking out every Goldcrest that turns up but no joy yet.

Des.

I've had Firecrest round the corner from my house but not in the Garden. They are cracking birds and one of the best garden ticks you can get.

Nice One!

Two more pics

Here are two more pics of one of the TWO Firecrests currently residing in my garden. Better pics than the last ones - but there's always a better one to be had!

Attachments

• WEB_Firecrest1.jpg
    WEB_Firecrest1.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 150
  • WEB_Firecrest2.jpg
    WEB_Firecrest2.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 155
Here are two more pics of one of the TWO Firecrests currently residing in my garden. Better pics than the last ones - but there's always a better one to be had!

Not as good as your Firecrests, but just had a visit from a male Blackcap.

Frantic feeding and bathing going on this afternoon. Getting themselves fettled for a cold night!

not sure where to ask this but i am planning a walk around the jumbles res area of bolton and wondered what i might encounter there on the res or in the wooded area:t:

Spoke to my mum today and she told me there was a dead snipe at Manchester Picadilly (main entrance (not the taxi rank)) yesterday morning. She believed from the blood on it that it had smashed into the glass frontage there.

I'm supprised to have Snipe so close to the centre of Manchester. Any opinions??

They do move around at night and therefore it could happen.

I've twice been "called" to see dead Snipe that had flown in to buildings in town centres - both were Woodcock!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back