• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Straps/Harness for Scope and Tripod. (1 Viewer)

BackGardenMoths

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I've just brought a new Opticron ES100 scope and tripod. The scope is a big beast so I was wondering what would be the best way of carrying the setup around when out.

I'm fairly new to this so I was hoping for some advice on the best strap/harness to buy, so I have the complete setup. Hope you can help me.

Thanks

Simon

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I've just brought a new Opticron ES100 scope and tripod. The scope is a big beast so I was wondering what would be the best way of carrying the setup around when out.

I'm fairly new to this so I was hoping for some advice on the best strap/harness to buy, so I have the complete setup. Hope you can help me.

Thanks

Simon

This is one option. http://www.cleyspy.co.uk/image-browser.do?item=567

Some would say it's very overpriced though !

Thanks

Simon

Mondell do a number of options (brochure attached). If you don't want to go down the rucksack style route you might be interested in the Speyside sling........... if so I have one (neoprene version) with the support belt that I am thinking about parting company with if you're interested ;).

Perry

Attachments

• Mondell brochure(2) for email.pdf
    262.5 KB · Views: 530
I have a simple Manfrotto tripod-carrying strap that I don´t want, which you´re welcome to if you decide that´s the right option for you. Basically it´s a piece of adjustable webbing with a clip on one end that attaches to your tripod at the head (it should have a little attaching ring), and a loop strap at the other end that goes around one of the legs. So when you´re in the field, you turn the tripod sideways and sling the lot over your shoulder. Although simple, it has the word "Manfrotto" embroidered onto it so it looks the real deal;). PM me your address and I´ll send it to you if you want it.

(BTW - the reason I don´t want it anymore is that I got a Cley Mule, which is about a million times better. My lower back is slightly dodgy and Dr. Time tells me, as he doesn´t run backwards, it won´t be getting any better....)

Thanks very much for all the replies and offers. Much appreciated. I quite like the look of the mule harness. The scope is particularly large so lugging it around would be difficult without a strap of some kind, I'll look into the suggestions. Thanks again.

Simon

Another recommendation for the Mulepack. It's a really good bit of kit but it is expensive. I have one and I use it all the time. Etudiants recommendation looks pretty good too and reasonably priced but has no little bag for lunch and extra bits that I usually end up carrying. At only $48 UK customs will not be interested in charging you duty.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back