• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

50D now in stock (UK) (1 Viewer)

Roy C

Occasional bird snapper
For anyone wanting to pay a premium price (not me ;) ) W.E. and Jessops are advertising the 50D as in stock from today. It wont be long before we start getting lots of user reports.

Last edited:
im interested to see how things go with this, ill be waiting for the price to fall a bit before clicking buy though :)

yes im intrested too but going to waite a little incase it has 1dmk3 problems ,i just dont trust Canon anymore.
Rob.

yes im intrested too but going to wait a little in case it has problems, i just dont trust Canon anymore.

A general question, do items sold later in the production cycle tend to be more reliable?, For example, with the D40, quite a few (even if a real minority) of persons reported various problems with their purchases not long after its launch. Would buying one now mean the camera is more likely to be trouble-free?

Not necessary so Jos.

The trend is to use the consumer as a testing lab for products, especially with software. Once the complaints start arriving so do the fixes.

I always think that it is advisable to wait until the initial enthusiasm and biased test reports have lapsed before considering purchasing.

This way any serious problems are well documented and the price then drops.

Unfortunately there is always the chance of buying the ‘Friday night last production model too’.

A general question, do items sold later in the production cycle tend to be more reliable?, For example, with the D40, quite a few (even if a real minority) of persons reported various problems with their purchases not long after its launch. Would buying one now mean the camera is more likely to be trouble-free?

It can take quite a time for a problem to show up or be admitted ,take the 1DMK3 i waited 6 months before buying only to be told a month later it had to go back for a sub mirrow fix .
Then a month or so later it locked up with erro 99 so was then replaced, so 7 month's and 2 weeks later i got the camera as it should have been when i bought it in the first place :C
Rob.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back