• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Switching to digital SLR: Advice? (1 Viewer)

jude55

My current SLR is a Minolta Maxuum film camera. I love it, and have several lenses for it. Since the Konica Maxuum digital SLR has the IS built into the camera instead of the lens, it seems logical to purchase that camera so that I won't have to replace the lenses. Since I'm relatively new to the digital world, advice from experienced users would be most welcome.

Thanks!

Judie

Judie,
Check with store if all your lenses will fit the new DSLR. Some might not. If yes, the DSLR is a good camera and will not dissapoint you.

The Minolta dslr is an excellent camera and assuming you lenses will be compatible it could be a great buy.

However... some of the third party lens manufacturers are now not making all of their new lenses in Minolta fit. Some of the new range of Sigma lenses are not being made for Minoltas. While this might not be a problem now, as you already have some lenses, it is worth considering that you will be more restricted in future lens choice then if you change to Nikon or Canon.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back