• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

APO televid 65/82 fixed eyepiece(s) (1 Viewer)

Thanks RB, that’s what I figured. I was thinking of trying the televid 65, and I still might, but I would like a wide low mag fixed e/p (20x or less and 65* +) to go with the zoom.

Oh well ��

Thanks RB, that’s what I figured. I was thinking of trying the televid 65, and I still might, but I would like a wide low mag fixed e/p (20x or less and 65* +) to go with the zoom.

Oh well ��
Hi there,
I have a Leica catalogue from 2007, about the time the Televid 65 and the Apo Televid 65 were introduced. It shows that not only was a 32x WW fixed eyepiece available but also a 20x-60x zoom. The Leica product/order numbers are 41 016 and 41 018. The 25x-50x Zoom was 41 019. I have spoken to Leica in Mayfair but they did not seem to know about this and not all that helpful and I decided not to push them to find out more ,mainly as I find the 25x-50x so good on the 65mm scope a fixed eyepiece is not in my opinion worth the outlay. I have never seen these eyepieces but there must be some out there. I can always photograph the pages from the catalogue and send them to you if you feel that would be useful.
Phil.

Sorry to contradict but the eyepieces that you refer to are for the older 62/77mm Televid models only - as Boogieshrew correctly stated - and definitely do not fit the newer 65/82mm models!

RB

Apologies due! I have tracked down a copy of the catalogue that you refer to and, though it does include reference to these additional eyepieces, I too can find no one who knows anything about them. It may well be that they never saw the light of day given the financial trouble that Leica was allegedly in at the time. Leica seem to do this from time to time; check out the much anticipated retro-Trinovids that were mooted for release soon and that have mysteriously 'disappeared' from their literature.

RB

Hi RB, the new trinovid do make something of a pattern if you consider these e/ps as well, don't they?!

I was excited by the prospect of a decent, very lightweight 7x35 but I have lost interest while waiting. Got to the "I'll believe it when I see it" stage.
Although I have spoken to a sales rep who has tried a pair so they are more than myth like these e/ps ��

I decided to speak again to Leica in Mayfair about these mythical eyepieces. Was told that they never made a 32xWW
or a 20-60x for the later 65mm and 82mm and that it was a mistake in the catalogue! So much for Leica precision, but then we all make mistakes. Pity a wide angle fixed eyepiece would have been nice.

I decided to speak again to Leica in Mayfair about these mythical eyepieces. Was told that they never made a 32xWW
or a 20-60x for the later 65mm and 82mm and that it was a mistake in the catalogue! So much for Leica precision, but then we all make mistakes. Pity a wide angle fixed eyepiece would have been nice.

Seems I was right after all! I hear on the grapevine that there are doubts about the release of an 8x32 Noctivid - certainly in the short- to medium term.

RB

Oh well, I guess history is littered with things that never came to be.

I returned the televid 65. I prefer my vortex razor old model with Swarovski eyepieces.

And now I have a swar adapter courtesy of Grimsey I have even more e/p options.

Who needs an alpha? ��

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back