• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Starling question (1 Viewer)

geoff9958

I have a pair of starlings going through the motions of nest building under my roof tiles. Sometimes I've seen more than two birds. They nested there last year and I'm a bit concerned they could damage the DPC under the tiles. They make considerable mess on the ground as well. Given the time of year can I safely assume they aren't actively laying eggs and remove the nest?
Advice appreciated. Many thanks.

Hi Geoff

I've moved your post to the Information Wanted forum where more people with the knowledge you require will likely see it.

I see you're subscribed to the thread, so you should be able to find it easily.

If you want to move the birds out then now is the time to do so, the birds then have a chance to find an alternative nest site. The birds are roosting there as it's safe and warm.

Last edited:
Hi,
Thanks very much for your advice. I wondered why they appeared to be nest building. Or are they carrying out repairs for the Spring?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back