• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What do you think? (1 Viewer)

cthomas

This is my first digiscope picture. This picture was taken using a Swarovski ATS 80HD scope and a CoolPix 4300 camera. The scope was on a tripod and I just held the camera up to the scope by hand. The picture was taken through my dinning room window. This is the orginal no touch ups or anything.

By the way does any body know what kind of bird this is? Here in south eastern Montana we call them Penion Jays.

Carl

Attachments

• Jayorgpost.jpg
    Jayorgpost.jpg
    334.5 KB · Views: 291
Thats a very good result for being hand held ad just starting off. Even with the Swaro scope I find a bit of sharpening is required, which is I should think all this shot needs.

Can't help with the bird I'm afraid.

Steve, I will try to get some pics of Pinyon Jays in the gallery.

We never seen a Pinyon Jay around here untill two winters ago when they started showing up at my bird feeders. Untill they showed up it didn't cost me an arm and leg to feed the birds. Now I'm spending better then $20 a month.

When the Pinyon Jays show up all the other birds leave.

cthomas said:
This is my first digiscope picture. This picture was taken using a Swarovski ATS 80HD scope and a CoolPix 4300 camera. The scope was on a tripod and I just held the camera up to the scope by hand. The picture was taken through my dinning room window. This is the orginal no touch ups or anything.

By the way does any body know what kind of bird this is? Here in south eastern Montana we call them Penion Jays.

Carl
carl, i have 4500 .look at adapter at simplicitytool.com or simplicitytools.com i think . i ordered one yesterday. not terribly expensive.

Thanks for the information on the adapter.

I looked at it and it will only work on "straight-through" eyepiece scopes. And mine has an angled-eyepiece.

Carl

tikey1949 said:
carl, i have 4500 .look at adapter at simplicitytool.com or simplicitytools.com i think . i ordered one yesterday. not terribly expensive.

I finally got some more pictures of the Pinyon Jays. It is very hard to get a picture of them because they are always moving.

And of course I had to put in some of my old buddy who is brave enough to sneak by all of the neighborhood cats for a few bites.

These where taken with a Swarouski 80mm scope and CoolPik 4300 camera.

;)

steve_nova said:
Very nice Carl. Can you post us some pics of your Pinyon Jays to the gallery please?

Attachments

• 040318-0147-33.jpg
    040318-0147-33.jpg
    574.3 KB · Views: 203
  • 040318-0149-05.jpg
    040318-0149-05.jpg
    468.6 KB · Views: 175
  • 040318-0153-32.jpg
    040318-0153-32.jpg
    472.4 KB · Views: 188
  • 040318-0155-13.jpg
    040318-0155-13.jpg
    535.4 KB · Views: 192
  • 040318-0155-46.jpg
    040318-0155-46.jpg
    500 KB · Views: 210
Nice one Carl. Click on Gallery at the top of the page and put them in there too for all to see under upload photos just under the block of recent uploaded photos from various members :t:

Last edited:
Ok Steve. They are in the Gallery for all to see.

steve_nova said:
Nice one Carl. Click on Gallery at the top of the page and put them in there too for all to see under upload photos just under the block of recent uploaded photos from various members :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back