• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Absolutely chuffed (1 Viewer)

pilgrim71

Having moved to a new property with a lovely garden I set up several feeders yesterday and waited anxiously
After a long days waiting tonight I was blessed with 6 Starlings a wood pidgeon and a sparrow before a couple of aggressive magpies moved them on
Sat in the kitchen feeling great and thinking of buying a bird table and bath to make the garden a bird spa :)
Roll on Thursday when I pick up my binoculars and tomorrow I'll be searching the packing boxes for the camera to hopefully get some lovely pics
Today was a very good day :)

Darren

Good start Darren. Although there's heaps in the area we rarely get Starlings coming in to the garden. And the odd Wood Pigeon only seems to roost in the conifers.

Rich

Well done Darren. How lovely for you that they've found your restaurant so quickly. It took weeks for the birds to find mine!

Magpies are very rare in this area would you believe, but I did see the first one on a neighbour's roof at the end of last year! I have a gang of Starlings that I call the vandals, as they pull down my window feeder when half a dozen squabble over it!!

You're going to have some fun now, I'm sure; and hopefully we'll see some of your pictures in the Gallery when you get sorted with a camera.

Thanks everyone I do feel very privileged
I thought magpies were very common as I see hundreds while driving in Somerset but obviously not and as for starlings I hadn't seen many until now but lots of pidgeon nearby
Today a tree sparrow has been feasting and a single starling
I'm setting up a bird table on Sunday so I'll have seed and peanut as well as the suet type balls and water bowl
small steps already producing wonderful rewards

WOW!!! A Tree Sparrow!!!! They really are getting hard to find for me round here now. But I have a good population of House Sparrows fortunately.

You're doing so well already. Well done lad.

WOW!!! A Tree Sparrow!!!! They really are getting hard to find for me round here now. But I have a good population of House Sparrows fortunately.

You're doing so well already. Well done lad.

Thanks Delia I'm buzzing while searching for my camera as my older iPhone just doesn't cut the mustard unfortunately

keep up the good work. Remember, the wider variety and quality of food on offer the more and varied birds you will attract (just like all the best restaurants). I hope you get as much pleasure watching the comings and goings at your feeding station as I do from mine. The great thing is you never what might turn up. Among my daily tits, sparrows and goldfinches etc, its always a nice surprise when the odd woodpecker, Siskin or other unusual visitor pops in for a snack.

keep up the good work. Remember, the wider variety and quality of food on offer the more and varied birds you will attract (just like all the best restaurants). I hope you get as much pleasure watching the comings and goings at your feeding station as I do from mine. The great thing is you never what might turn up. Among my daily tits, sparrows and goldfinches etc, its always a nice surprise when the odd woodpecker, Siskin or other unusual visitor pops in for a snack.

Awesome Paul I've never seen a woodpecker in my life that would be so incredible

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back