• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Crossfire HD - Diamondback HD (1 Viewer)

Nivado

It seems like Vortex, beside the new Razor UHD, also upgraded their Crossfire and Diamondback lines with HD glass..
It is at their website, same body on both but better glass quality..

Greetings- so in reading up on the new HD designation - for the Crossfire line, what it means is that they have formulated a new lens coating (think FMC), which is supposed to be a bit better, so they now use that on all surfaces, and gave it the marketing tag "HD". Crossfire HDs are terrific bins, I'm writing a review on my new 12x50s right now.

I found a few more distinctions between the Crossfire HD line and the Diamondback HD line:
(1) D-Backs use dielectric coatings on their prisms, Crossfires do not;
(2) D-Backs have slight ribbing on the sides of the binocular for grip, Crossfires are smooth;

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back