• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Llobregat delta: when and how? (1 Viewer)

Jurij Hanžel

Registrirani uporabnik
Me and my family are visiting Barcelona at the end of the month. Is this a good time for visiting the delta? Furthermore I would like to enquire whether it's possible to reach it via public transport and if any guides can be hired there.

Thank you in advance for your answers and suggestions.

When we were in Spain last month there was a news item in El Pais saying that work to move the channel of the river had just been completed here. It said that this would free more land for "development".

I don't know if this will have affected the reserve or not. Is there anybody with local knowledge?

Thank you very much for the link Xabi. Although I had some comprehension problems I sent the info centre an email and I hope they will answer soon.

Dear Hanzel,
Have you thought about going further south to the Ebro Delta, much more rewarding at any time of the year probably and possible to get to and from in a day if you started early and travelled back when it's dark.

Regards,
Keith

Rhion said:
When we were in Spain last month there was a news item in El Pais saying that work to move the channel of the river had just been completed here. It said that this would free more land for "development".

I don't know if this will have affected the reserve or not. Is there anybody with local knowledge?

I´ve heard that the airport has grown recently, but the reserve is still alive. It is surrounded by concrete, but full of birds.

Hanzel Jurij said:
I sent the info centre an email and I hope they will answer soon.
If this doesn´t work, just PM me and I´ll try to obtain the information you need in English.
Regards,

Keithec said:
Dear Hanzel,
Have you thought about going further south to the Ebro Delta, much more rewarding at any time of the year probably and possible to get to and from in a day if you started early and travelled back when it's dark.

Regards,
Keith

Thank you for your suggestion but I'm afraid that we will be a bit short of time there. I'm sure this smaller delta is OK too.

Xabi thank you for offering to translate the website but they have already replied to my mail and everything is settled now.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back