• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Exchange action of Zeiss straps!!! (1 Viewer)

Ok - i've followed all this through and think it is partly a misunderstanding (or mis-interpretation) on my part, so let me clarify.
I was sent the link to the form to complete for a replacement strap and sent it off.
Zeiss emailed with a link and a voucher code. I interpreted this as 'go to our website and order your new strap' which is where i went wrong.
It looks like Zeiss will directly dispatch the strap to the address given on the form.
The voucher code is a little bit of customer-relations for you to order something from their site as a 'sorry' thing.....
Apologies for any confusion. It's been very hot and humid here for three days, and i was in no mood for having to deal with anything that involved thinking - or apparently, simple understanding!
I hope this sorts it out, and apologies to Zeiss for a momentary lapse of reason.

Right - just been through the WHOLE process now.
Indeed, the voucher code sent by email works in order to buy something from the Zeiss website.
The voucher is valued at £25, but will be used in total against anything you purchase; therefore, if you buy something for £15, the code will be used to write that off. Don't expect a credit note! Therefore it is a voucher 'to the value of....'
Other thing to bear in mind is that shipping is extra - i.e., not covered by the voucher.

Alleluia, The Xeiss lens cleaning kit is now in Stock.
I filled in all my details on line, the address is rather eccentric with the street name before the number (clearly not designed foe UK addresses).
Eventually every thing appeared to come together with the balance nicely stated (just under £11) problem is I can't pay on line with my credit or debit card it has to be done by credit transfer. On line trading without conventional payment methods?
What started as a goodwill gesture, I was Ok with the prospect of a new strap but trying to spend my £25 voucher has become a farce. I have wasted time messing around on their website. The "goodwill" gesture has become sour.

I filled in all my details on line, the address is rather eccentric with the street name before the number (clearly not designed foe UK addresses).
Eventually every thing appeared to come together with the balance nicely stated (just under £11) problem is I can't pay on line with my credit or debit card it has to be done by credit transfer. On line trading without conventional payment methods?
What started as a goodwill gesture, I was Ok with the prospect of a new strap but trying to spend my £25 voucher has become a farce. I have wasted time messing around on their website. The "goodwill" gesture has become sour.

Hi Robert

Are you sure about the payment method?

See the screen shot below showing I have selected a cleaning kit on the Zeiss On-line Shop website and the symbols below indicate you can pay by VISA, Mastercard or AMEX as well as PayPal.

Lee

Attachments

• Zeiss Pay.jpg
    Zeiss Pay.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 39
Hi Robert

See the screen shot below showing I have selected a cleaning kit on the Zeiss On-line Shop website and the symbols below indicate you can pay by VISA, Mastercard or AMEX as well as PayPal.

Lee
I’ve paid by debit card as well.
Ian.

So much for the EU commitment to the environment. All these straps being replaced and sent to landfill! You couldn't make it up!

It depends on the actual risks involved.

Many items are sent to landfill where they do less damage than being next to people.

The major problem with landfill is the enormous quantity of waste and the production of billions of non essential items that are part of modern life.

B.

Ian and Troubadour thank you for your helpful information.
I can't remember how I processed the order but I ended up with an order confirmation and a Cash in Advance as the payment method. I also registered an account which allows me to view my order but don't know how to cancel it.
It may be worth my telephoning Zeiss Customer services. I went to the bank this morning and it would cost £15 extra for an international bank transfer.

Hi Robert

Lee

Thanks Lee I think I went straight to the cart there is no indication that you have to choose payment method before going to cart I assumed that was for information only.
I have learned you cannot cancel the order online you have to ring up. I have rung 3 times a total of over 30 minutes waiting without success.
Over the last three years I have had to telephone Swarovski UK on three separate occasions with no delays in replying and no charges for the minor damage and replacement eye cup and telescope eye piece cover.

I used my £25 voucher no problem and paid the remaining balance with credit card.

All's well that ends well.

Thank you Zeiss UK especially Luke Tait for coming to my assistance. It would seem that I managed to access the German web page (don't ask) either way my problem will be sorted.
Thanks to Lee (Troubador) for his help also.
Very impressed with the Zeiss response.

Update so far:
As i have two Zeiss products (FL32mm and Pocket) i had two vouchers, and the products have turned up - couple of bottles of the cleaning fluid, and a soft pouch for the FL and the one for the Terra 25mm - which, as a tip, fits the Pocket as well, if anyone is looking for a quick way to transport one cleanly in a travel bag or similar.
No sign of the replacement straps, but i reckon this is a major undertaking for Zeiss, if they are having to deal with at least the whole of Europe.

I had the same email supposedly from Zeiss. I couldn’t find anything about this subject on the Zeiss website. Which is why I’m worried it’s a scam email. Until I have some way that the email is definitely from Zeiss I’m not going to do anything about this and hopefully someone from Zeiss can confirm this email is defininetly true with this story, I’m wary of pressing about pressing any links and I’m not phoning or emailing anyone until I can get a confirmation that it’s true.
Ian.

Here is the link to the Zeiss website where you can get a free replacement strap. You just need your product serial number! :)
https://www.zeiss.com/sports-optics...ervice.html?vaURL=www.zeiss.com/service/strap

Hello,

E-Mail post from Zeiss!

Please replace the carrying strap of your ZEISS binoculars
For end customers

Batches of carry straps for our binoculars have exceeded legal limits on individual PAH (Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons).

...We ask you to exchange the strap for your ZEISS binoculars.

...Using the form below, you can order a new strap directly from ZEISS and receive it free of charge.

You can easily dispose of the old straps in the trash.

Please don't do that! If anyone in the UK/Europe has received their replacement straps, and wants rid of their original, defective/dangerous straps ... please let me know! I'll pay the postage for you to send them over, to be properly disposed of... :king:

I've just filled in the online form for a replacement strap for my Victory compact (8x25) and got a confirmation email. However, nowhere did I see a reference to a €25 voucher (not on the webpage before or after filling in the form, and not in the confirmation email).
Where or how did you see or get the €25 (or £25) voucher?

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back