• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

GMail problem (1 Viewer)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
I re-activated an old Gmail account the other day (just got trigger happy - not used it for years).

Now when I try to go into my main GMail account, it will only log me into the ancient one and I can't work out how to get to the main one.

Fortunately the emails are coming through to my phone and to Thunderbird but how do I get to the account itself?

Are you checking email by going on to Google web page or have you set up to load email on to the desktop?

If the former there should be an option to Choose another account > use another account.

If the latter then need to know how it's set up.

Gi

Hi Gi

Thanks so much for your reply.

have you set up to load email on to the desktop

It was a bit of that and a bit of going through LastPast (my password manager). I think when I was messing with the ancient account LastPass automatically changed the details to go to that account.

I managed to find my way through googling Google email and choosing my normal account from there (like you suggested). Then amended my LastPass options to have both accounts.

Didn't want to say anything last night (it was rather late), unless it didn't 'stick' but it appears to have done. At least for my normal account, haven't seen what happens if I try the old one yet, in case I blow it again LOL

I wonder why I can't toggle between the two accounts? It would have made life an awful lot less scary. Any thoughts on that?

Hi Delia,

Glad you found a way to get it working.

Although I've previously set up an account to be on my desktop, I've not tried to set it up with gmail so cannot help I'm afraid.

I have my own personal gmail account plus monitor those for a bird group but do it all via web mail.

Gi

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back