• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sardinia in early October (1 Viewer)

Mollymauk

Hello everybody,

in a few days I will go to Sardinia for holidays and I am looking for tips referring to nice birdwatching spots and places where it might be possible to find special species like for example eleonora's falcon, little bustard, barbary partridge, marmora's warbler and others.

I will stay in Cala Ganone at the east coast and I know that most birding-hotspots are in other regions of the island, but it will be possibe to visit other places by car.

Unfortunately I found the book "Where to Watch Birds in Sardinia" too late and there is no E-book-version. For sure it could have been a great help.

And I have another question: Is bird hunting popular in Sardinia?

I appreciate all tips, comments and information.

Greetings,
Mollymauk

Eleonora's Falcon are best seen on the island off the SW coast - San Pietro or Carloforte. The ferry is from Portovesme, excellent accommodation at Hotel Paola if they are still open. Don't delay, I think the birds will soon be leaving.
Trapping is still a problem in Sardinia but the situation is getting better year by year.
https://www.lipu-uk.org/trapping-sardinia/
Let me know if you want more.
Best wishes,
David

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back