• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Vanguard Endeavor ED II Line Showing Available (1 Viewer)

Generally stars are not a problem, they are not that bright to cause issues. Street lamps, spotlights etc. cause quite intensive spikes though. I will contact the dealer and see if they could replace them.

Martin
Do you want to tell us who is the dealer and the price?I m interesting to for this bins?

Hi Tom, if it's any help, I ordered it from website Vanguard.cz where it cost 9900 CZK which, with current exchange rate, is 360 Euro, but they only ship to Czech Republic and Slovakia, so you'd probably want to find a dealer in Greece, or nearest one or one with best prices / shipping cost there is.

Martin

Tom,

Vanguard don't appear to have a web page for Greece:
http://www.vanguardworld.com/

I'm sure there are many retailers elsewhere that would be happy to ship intentionally if you can't find them closer to home. I know Clifton Cameras in the UK does. I will PM a contact at Vanguard Europe that may be able to help.

David

No problem Tom, I just looked how much they're asking on Amazon and it's 499 $ (= 394 €) which is considerably less than the 399 Quid (= 506 €) they ask at Clifton Cameras. Shipping weight is 3 lbs so shipping cost to Greece should be 25 $ / 20 € if I count right.
(I'm not affiliated with Amazon in any way).

Cheers
Martin

No problem Tom, I just looked how much they're asking on Amazon and it's 499 $ (= 394 €) which is considerably less than the 399 Quid (= 506 €) they ask at Clifton Cameras. Shipping weight is 3 lbs so shipping cost to Greece should be 25 $ / 20 € if I count right.
(I'm not affiliated with Amazon in any way).

Cheers
Martin

Don't forget the VAT on good entering the EU.

David

Just some thoughts on the Endeavor ED2's.
I've had the 10x42's for a couple of days and the view is classy for sure, very sharp right to the edge just as others have said. The view appears very natural to my eyes, reminding me a little of my old SLC HD's in some ways, just the sheer relaxed elegance of the view.
Its curious Vanguard didn't use dielectric coatings though, to my eyes the view lacks that vivid, crisper than life HD gloss of the Conquest HD's for example. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing as the view is so natural, very sharp for sure but also somehow soft if that makes sense.
Makes me wonder if Vanguard are saving the Dielectric coating for their next top of the line bins, after all the ED2's are so good and close to alpha already that there is not that much more room for improvement.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back