• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Any new spotting scopes on the horizon? (1 Viewer)

Boris Flaccus

Considering that there are no teasers, anouncements or even rumours going around, I would not expect anyone here to know the answer to this question, but it is meant more as a speculation topic anyway.

Swarovski bringing out their ATX/STX/BTX, Zeiss conjuring up both the Gavia and Harpia scopes, I would think the competition will not falter.

After the Noctivid, maybe now Leica will come up with a Televid-successor, or even a mid-tier scope à la Gavia?
Nikon did release new Monarch fieldscopes, but they didn't seem to attract a lot of attention or enthousiasm. Kowa went for the expansion of their current range with 50 and 55mm scopes, no indication of an 883 update, personally I think I'd like to see a Kowa with a helical focusring.

So, what are your thoughts, speculations or wishes for upcoming scopes?

That's all it would be Boris, a speculative rumour. I'm sure you've heard the old saying " If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
All clear on the alpha horizon.

After the Noctivid, maybe now Leica will come up with a Televid-successor, or even a mid-tier scope à la Gavia?

Well, Leica still have two projects to work on: Introducing the 8x32/10x32 Noctivid, and of course the new/old Trinovids.

So I won't expect a new scope anytime soon.

Hermann

Well, Leica still have two projects to work on: Introducing the 8x32/10x32 Noctivid, and of course the new/old Trinovids.

So I won't expect a new scope anytime soon.

Hermann

I was expecting a Leica scope with +-100mm for 2018 but don't know if the project is just delayed or was abandoned...:cat:

A sort of zoom extender for the Swaro BTX. Kowa 883 and ATX
still going very strong with astro/birders.....The new Zeiss not that great a sensation....so the rest must be thinking .

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back