• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Big binoulars question (1 Viewer)

Hello, birders,

I just found you folks today and am delighted. I would like to find out if there is a quality binocular in the 15X60 range that are porro prism.

Last edited:
Hello, birders,

I just found you folks today and am delighted. I would like to find out if there is a quality binocular in the 15X60 range that are porro prism.

Hello and warm welcome,
you shouldn't have problems finding a good porro 15x60 on any reputable optics store, but to be honest I'm just curious about the purpose of it. Just because this forum is about birding, it's not unreasonable to assume it is for birding, so I'm probably not wrong suggesting to check some of the many threads here giving valuable guides and tips about the best choice for optics, for any budget range. Just have a look at those posted in the last few months.

Just as a first hint, if birding with 15x you should have archer's pulse. ;)

I have the Pentax XCF 16X50s and they are fairly light and well balanced so are fine for looking out over water or fields - for short periods, at least.

Don't think of these magnifications in woodland though!

Given the choice I'd go for high quality 8X binoculars and higher mag telescope - you don't have to spend a fortune on the scope as you can get a decent one on ebay easily enough.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back