• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Taiwan Feb/Mar 2016 (1 Viewer)

halftwo

Wird Batcher
Just a possibility at the moment: a short trip (7-8 days) around the end of February into the beginning of March (dates flexible).
Anyone interested to keep car hire costs down?

Cheers,

H

This might be something I would be interested in, I have nothing booked for next year yet. I always have a busy work schedule in February so it would have to be March. Do you have an itinerary at this point?

No, nothing planned. I'd have to be back by March 6th.
I might not be able to afford it at all, Rob!
I've just had a read of a few trip reports and reckon a week or so could be enough to get a number of great birds - but probably not all the endems.

Just had a look at flight costs, not as much as I thought it might be but I would struggle to get time at the end of Feb. As I said, I have nothing set up for the rest of the year so if you are looking for reduced costs for any other trips or doing this at some other point in the year then let me know.

We don't live far from one another so logistics would be pretty easy.

Lucky boy....!!!

Here's my report from 5 yrs ago, didn't ever quite complete the species accounts but important stuff is in.

Andy

Attachments

• Taiwan 2010.doc
    89.5 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:
Just to say H that if you have time, you can fly to Taipei with e.g Thai airways and incorporate a stopover in Thailand at no extra cost.

This is what I should have done as I mentioned in the report.

Andy

Taiwan information

I have just come back from Taiwan. We went with Richard Foster for 2 weeks. Great chap. Will be posting my report as soon as I have finished it.

Can you send me Richard Foster and some details of time spent, itinerary and cost please?
Also I'd love to see your bird list.
Many thanks
Colin

Taiwan information

I have just come back from Taiwan. We went with Richard Foster for 2 weeks. Great chap. Will be posting my report as soon as I have finished it.

Can you send me Richard Foster's email and some details of time spent, itinerary and cost please?
Also I'd love to see your bird list.
Many thanks
Colin

Sorry I can't send you Richard himself ;) but I can send you his website address which is: https://sites.google.com/site/taiwanbirdinfo/ He has various tours on offer and his prices are on the web-site. We changed our original itinerary as we went along and and also visited Lanyu. I will send you the bird list when my husband has finished fiddling about with it. We went for just over 2 weeks and we didn't get all the endemics. Mgration was only just beginning - a bit later and we could have extended our list.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back