• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cape Cod Birds (1 Viewer)

SALLY PATRICIA

Thank you for allowing me to join in your forum. I have retired from teaching to allow me more time for my passions of travel, wildlife photography and gardening.
Andrew ( husband) and I have recently returned from a trip to Cape Cod...Wow what a birders paradise.
Could any of you out there help me identify and or confirm the identity of just a few of the birds seen?

PS anyone interested in a guide pack, maps and bird book for the area I am listing them on ebay in the next day or so

Attachments

• US DOWITCHER SHORT BILLED (2).JPG
    US DOWITCHER SHORT BILLED (2).JPG
    665.2 KB · Views: 84
  • US DOWITCHER SHORT BILLED (3).JPG
    US DOWITCHER SHORT BILLED (3).JPG
    352.4 KB · Views: 72
  • US ORIOLE BALTIMORE (1).jpg
    US ORIOLE BALTIMORE (1).jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 78
  • US SPARROW LINCOLNS'S OR SONG (2).jpg
    US SPARROW LINCOLNS'S OR SONG (2).jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 87
  • US UNKNOWN 1.JPG
    US UNKNOWN 1.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 60
Hi Sally and welcome to Birdforum,

1. Willet
2. Greater Yellowlegs
3. Baltimore Oriole
4. Sparrow sp. There are a few options, so do you have a another image showing sides of head?
5. Female Red-winged Blackbird

Stu

Hi Sally and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I've moved your post to the ID forum, where they're in a better place to be able to help you with the identification of your birds. I see you're already subscribed to this thread, so you should be able to find it easily.

Meanwhile I hope you enjoy your time here with us.

EDIT: Ooops, I see that Stuart already snuck in and has them identified for you. Though I see there is still one to properly nail down.

Thank you all.
Sorry for slow reply...... returning to routine just after the death of my Springer Spaniel Millie. Amazing just how upsetting it is!

Here are a few more mystery birds for checking please

Attachments

• US SANDPIPER LEAST (1).JPG
    US SANDPIPER LEAST (1).JPG
    613.3 KB · Views: 37
  • US SPARROW CHIPPING (1).JPG
    US SPARROW CHIPPING (1).JPG
    624.6 KB · Views: 35
  • US TREECREEPER BROWN (3).jpg
    US TREECREEPER BROWN (3).jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 35
  • US NUTHATCH WHITE BREASTED (1).JPG
    US NUTHATCH WHITE BREASTED (1).JPG
    343.9 KB · Views: 26
  • US UNKNOWN 2 (5).jpg
    US UNKNOWN 2 (5).jpg
    343 KB · Views: 33
sorry for the death of you spaniel.
the birds in your pics:
1 least sandpiper
2 chipping sparrow
3 carolina wren
4 white-breasted nuthatch
5 song sparrow

Yes, all Willets, Tringa semipalmata. Great shot of the birds on the post showing the semipalmated feet.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back