• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Need Advice Regarding Cardinal (1 Viewer)

Maureen56

I had a young Cardinal fly into a window today. She seems to have injured her wing. I have called two local bird rescue groups and no one has returned my call. I have her in a drywall bucket with a bed of straw and a small cup of water. I've put in a few sunflower seeds as well. The bucket has a small mesh wire cover over it. What else can I do to keep her comfortable until I hear back from bird rescue? She has been in captivity now for 4 hours which I'm sure has her stressed. Thank you.

Maureen

I had a young Cardinal fly into a window today. She seems to have injured her wing. I have called two local bird rescue groups and no one has returned my call. I have her in a drywall bucket with a bed of straw and a small cup of water. I've put in a few sunflower seeds as well. The bucket has a small mesh wire cover over it. What else can I do to keep her comfortable until I hear back from bird rescue? She has been in captivity now for 4 hours which I'm sure has her stressed. Thank you.

Maureen

If at all possible, I would take the injured bird directly to a rescue centre during daytime hours. They may not have the resources to drive to every injured bird reporting but I've never heard of one turning down an arrival. Quiet and dark in the meantime will be best for the bird I'm sure. Darkness in particular is a good sedative; it works on caged birds.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back