Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Mountain: Life at the Extreme

Old Sunday 10th March 2019, 10:56   #1
JTweedie

Mountain: Life at the Extreme

I caught a small part of episode three of this series yesterday. It had some tremendous footage of volcanoes in the Andes, but for me the best footage was of white-winged diucha finches nesting in a glacier at over 5500 m. I've read their natural nesting environment is grassland. If you happen to be an expert on the species, perhaps you can help update the information on this site: https://neotropical.birds.cornell.ed...dfin1/overview

Check out the footage of the birds' nest in the ice here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/art.../glacier-birds
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: