• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Countryfile this evening. (1 Viewer)

I have a lot to say because i remember when a lot of the stuff was worth watching.

I stopped watching them (still pay the licence fee though. Since I live alone I derive great solace from shouting obscenities at the TV, usually at journalists) because the wildlife programmes started to become cliched and dull, you know the sort of thing:

'(Picture of icebound landscape with blasting winds) Winter still holds on blah... (Sibelius) But then spring starts to peep shyly round the corner (melting ice, running water) (Ravel - daybreak) and then the otters' cubs/blackbirds' chicks/whatever grow large enough to leave the den/nest/ dray blah. Summer heat and stillness (Delius gardens) Autumn approaches (Thrushes, rutting deer, berries, red leaves etc) blah (Elgar slow movt). and it's back to winter again (more ice, blasting winds) (Some other northern composer)

Basically not telling anything we can't really see or guess for ourselves if we want to.

Surely someone out there has more imagination, and can produce something that we will remember years on as exciting and fresh and insightful. Has there ever been a history of the Bird Observatory movement from the early days to now for instance? I'd wolf that down. Full of rather eccentric people and humour as well as dedication, surely.

I do not watch anything from the Biased Broadcasting Company whether it is their coverage of Brexit or Birds..... Their coverage of everything is biased propoganda imho and you would do well to avoid their brainwashing and make up your own mind.....

Laurie:t:

Hi, what media source would you recommend that is non-biased and not propaganda, whether it is their coverage of brexit or birds? Cheers, Steve.

I don’t have one mate.....

I download docs and films i want to watch from Torrent sites.

I do not do news etc on MSM such as the Biased Broadcasting Company, Sly Views or C**tNewsNetwork and do not post on either Tw@tter, FaeceBook or any other associated Insta-type sites.

I have stopped using Google for most stuff and now use alternative Search engines. I use a VPN. I have a Gab account for birds and general stuff and post frequently on Guido Fawkes for Politics n Current Affairs.

If this all sounds negative and Billy-no-mates then that’s the way it is.

I like BF and will not push the envelope otherwise the inevitable will happen;)

All the best and good birding:t:

Laurie -

Wow, Gab. I'd never heard of it I confess, so I did a quick internet search - [from wikipedia]:'Gab is an English-language social media website known for its far-right user base.[8] The site has been widely described as a "safe haven"[9] for extremists including neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and the alt-right.[10] Perhaps maybe just a wee smidge of bias there, or am I being uncharitable? Tbh, this whole the BBC has left wing bias thing is a load of old tosh. I think it may well inevitably reflect some of the inherent biases of it's upper management cadre, that is, largely public school educated, middle aged white men. Perhaps this is reflected in social liberalism and attempting to be non-discriminatory (sorry to state the obvious, i don't mean to insult your intelligence! but this is not the same thing as a left-wing politic, since even our esteemed prime minister and certainly david cameron could be reasonably described as socially liberal imo, ostensibly at least.) I suspect it's also subject to the vagaries of the Overton window, which has shifted rightwards recently. Anyway, there's a lot more on this, but frankly there are far more interesting subjects on here! Wow, Gab.

Last edited:
Re: Gab - well they would say that wouldn’t they:-O

Look on Twitter and see the death threats to Trump or anti-Semite rants from followers of the Religion of Peace:eek!:

The ‘locked’ special interest grouos of Antifa on Facebook are causing concern.

At least everything is above board on Gab and violent threats are not tolerated.

It is no coincidence that a Gab App on Apple and other outlets has been junked. The supposed proponents of ‘free’ speech only want their left-of-centre ‘free’ speech. Speech that they can control from the sanctuary of their gated communities whilst the Barbarians muster outside.

You only have to look at the smug CEO’s like Zuckerberg, Dorsey et al to make you reach for the sick bag! Do as i say not as i do should be their motto and mantra imo. They want you to have Alexa type listening devices that don’t ‘report’ back - what a joke, of course they do. Hitler wanted a radio in evey house so he could instill his ideology. These devices are insidiously far worse.

Zuckerberg now wants Libre - a currency that emancipates ppl outside of the ‘banking system’..........and facilitates the money-launderers. The power of these corporations has got out of control. When organisations like these attain the wealth, power and stock market rating and actually produce very little physically you know something is wrong - and they need to start paying Corporation Tax in the Country of sales not moved offshore or to places like Southern Ireland which is fast becoming a neo Banana-Republic.

Sure you will find diverse opinions on Gab but it is self-moderated by muting, blocking and banning and not by finger-wagging ZuckerDorsey knows best whilst allowing violent extremist posts that threaten Presidents and Prime Ministers alike.

Good birding -

Laurie:t:

Wow! You are actually a living, breathing right wing stereotype. Can you clarify - are you also a devotee of Jordan Peterson and an incel? The latter seems likely.

Oh, by the way - good birding.

Like you i have opinions but unlike a lot i am not afraid to mention them.

It doesn’t take much to be pigeon-holed as right-wing - usually by ‘left-wing’ bigots who have only just started paying off their student loans and have been lobotomized by daily visits to th Grauniad - say hello to little Owen Jones for me;)

Best of luck with your 2nd referendum:t:

Laurie -

Like you i have opinions but unlike a lot i am not afraid to mention them.

It doesn’t take much to be pigeon-holed as right-wing - usually by ‘left-wing’ bigots who have only just started paying off their student loans and have been lobotomized by daily visits to th Grauniad - say hello to little Owen Jones for me;)

Best of luck with your 2nd referendum:t:

Laurie -
Hahaha.... even your slurs are stereotypes. You are correct though regarding the ease of pigeon-holing right-wingers.

Last night (03/11/19) it also showed us 'butterflies' hibernating in an old building/bunker and of the two species they showed one was a Herald Moth, and so continues the awfulness of the programme. And what Ellie thinks she's doing modelling the most gaudy orange coat in the countryside is another issue, it's not a fashion programme. Awful, and I'm thankful I rarely see it.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back