• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding Mendocino Fort Bragg Northern California (1 Viewer)

DavidP

United States
I'm going up to Fort Bragg on the coast in northern California for a few days.
Any particular suggestions about places to go. I hear the Mendocino botanic gardens is a good place to go.

Thanks in advance

David

DavidP said:
Any particular suggestions about places to go. I hear the Mendocino botanic gardens is a good place to go.

Thanks in advance

David

Visit Joe Morlan's California Birding pages:

http://fog.ccsf.cc.ca.us/~jmorlan/

It has birding information for each County in California!

Dalcio

A great book is Birding Northern California by John Kemper. In his book he suggests MacKerricher State Park, The Botanical Gardens, Jug Hand;e State Reserve, Point Cabrillo Reserve, Russian Gulch State Park, Mendocino Headlands State Park, Van Damme State Park.

Summer

DavidP said:

Thanks in advance

David

DavidP said:

The campground in Van Damme State Park (south of Mendocino) is a fairly reliable place to see the Gray Jay, a bird that's pretty scarce in northern California.

Stop in "Out of this World" cameras and telescopes in Mendocino. They have all the binoculars you'll ever want to see or try, and also local ideas on places to go. Can't sat enough about the staff. Nice town too........

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back