• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Spotted a Golden Eagle (1 Viewer)

jnicholes

Hello,

So, I was out fishing today, and I was watching some of the birds while I was fishing. A lot of small birds. Still working on identifying some of them. then, on the way home, I see this MASSIVE Golden Eagle fly about 50 feet in front of my car. It roosted on a nearby tree on the side of the road.

I wanted to stop and take a picture of it, but I couldn't because I was already going 65 mph on a highway. It wouldn't be safe to stop.

I wish I could have gotten a picture. Oh well.

It was still AWESOME to see.

Jared

I have heard of birders that, whilst driving along, spot an interesting bird, after which, having had their attention diverted from the traffic, had to go to the morgue for a little while.

@Earnest lad, that's exactly why I said I did not stop to take a picture. It wouldn't have been safe.

Dear Sir
You are quite correct in your assertion. I perceive now from carefully perusing the wording of post, that no malpractice was undertaken on your part. May I kindly proffer an unreserved apology for my error.

@Earnest lad, I accept your apology and forgive you.

All I was doing was just saying that it would not have been safe to stop. I actually had no intention of asserting anything. I was just restating the facts.

Again, it is okay. I accept your apology.

Good luck with your birding,

Jared

Dear Jared
Thank you so much for your kind response and forgiveness.
In regard to my comments, well, these were somewhat "tongue in cheek" and meant to be humorous. My first ever White Storks were seen from a moving vehicle. Also, I have never seen a Golden Eagle, but would dearly love to see one.
With kind regards, Ian

@Earnest lad, Ive seen a few golden eagles in my area. If I can get a picture of a wild one, I'll show it to you if you would like.

Jared

Bald Eagle.jpg

Here is your Eagle picture. This is not a Golden Eagle, but I seized the moment to get this. This is a Bald Eagle. It was circling above my house while I was mowing the lawn.

Jared

Help identifying bird

I have been photographing 2 eagles in North Georgia (USA) for some time. I recently saw them chasing a new bird and am trying to identify it. I have attached a photo and would appreciate any help. thanks

Attachments

• unknown with eagles resized.jpg
    unknown with eagles resized.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 28
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back