• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Paying for a replacement accessory for my Zeiss Binoculars (1 Viewer)

IAN JAMES THOMPSON

My Zeiss Binocular Strap that goes round my neck completely broke away from my Zeiss Binoculars on Saturday. Luckily it happened when I was holding my pair of binoculars while I was removing the binoculars with the strap round my neck, otherwise they could have been severely damaged while out Birdwatching on Saturday. I phoned Zeiss customer service up today and I asked about the cost of replacing the damaged strap for my Zeiss 8x42 HT Binoculars and I said I’ll pay by debit card. I was taken by surprise when I couldn’t pay by debit card or direct debit to a big and major company like Zeiss. It’s either electronic banking, or paying by cheque. Has anyone else come about with the same situation by not being able by direct debit or debit card with any of the big company’s selling binoculars as I have. I didn’t think a big company in the 21st century wouldn’t be able to accept payments by direct debit or debit card.
Ian.

Last edited:
Seems strange that they requested a cheque. All my banking accounts have stopped issuing chequebooks. Altogether rather odd and a wee bit surprised they didn't just send one out but glad to hear your binoculars weren't damaged.

Seems strange that they requested a cheque. All my banking accounts have stopped issuing chequebooks. Altogether rather odd and a wee bit surprised they didn't just send one out but glad to hear your binoculars weren't damaged.
I’m going to pay by electronic banking. My bank has also stopped issuing chequebooks as well. I was very surprised. I will be interested if anyone else has had the same situation as myself today, with Zeiss.
Ian.

Hi,

I actually would have expected them to a offer a free replacement... but wait - that's not Swaro ;-)

Was is that strap? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Zeiss-5291...nocular+strap&qid=1560805433&s=gateway&sr=8-2

Amazon is probably better at selling to private customers than a multinational with a tiny tiny sports optics department...

Joachim
Well if that’s the same strap, I’m paying £20.00 for the strap attached to my 8x42 HT Binoculars and the link to that strap that you have posted says that strap costs £40.00 from Amazon and cost of the strap for my Zeiss HT Binoculars includes postage, and packing and it’s from a separate company that Zeiss use for replacement accessiaries for Zeiss Binoculars. I emailed Zeiss yesterday and they gave me the phone number for the company that provides Zeiss accessiaries for Binoculars.
Ian.

I never throw a straps or cases or binoculars away.

I have an old Nikon strap from an 8x30 E2 on my Leitz 7x42 Trinovid BA which I keep in a 1980s vintage Fujinon case that came with my 7x42 Fujinon 4000.:king:

Bob

If you visit the Zeiss Sports Optics on-line shop where you can buy binos, scopes, cleaning kits and accessories such as carry-cases and straps, they accept payment by VISA card (and VISA cards can be either credit or debit cards) Amex, PayPal or Advance Cash. No mention of cheques. I am not sure the OP was given the correct info. I can hardly believe any company taking orders by phone would not accept card payment and even if they have no facility to do this, why on earth wasn't the OP referred to the on-line shop or a dealer?

Lee

Last edited:
Well if that’s the same strap, I’m paying £20.00 for the strap attached to my 8x42 HT Binoculars and the link to that strap that you have posted says that strap costs £40.00 from Amazon and cost of the strap for my Zeiss HT Binoculars includes postage, and packing and it’s from a separate company that Zeiss use for replacement accessiaries for Zeiss Binoculars. I emailed Zeiss yesterday and they gave me the phone number for the company that provides Zeiss accessiaries for Binoculars.
Ian.

It looks to me like the £40 strap is not the standard strap but an optional extra - the ZEISS Air Cell Comfort Carrying Strap.

Richard,

Nice catch you are correct. This is not the standard Zeiss neck strap. I bought this version @ a year ago hoping to use it for some heavier bins (15x56). While it is well made and of very high quality, IMO and based on my use and modification it is very unsuitable as a neck strap because it shifts the load all the way up to about the C-1 level on the neck. It seems primarily designed, intended and sized to carry heavier loads cross body and would probably be excellent for that but I don't carry anything that way.

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back