• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fuji sl100 or the HS50 (1 Viewer)

shrek48

Hi all,

I am looking at the Fuji HS50exr and the SL1000 and cannot decide between the two.
I want distance to catch the birds as far away as possible and for that the SL1000 seems the clear winner, then reading the specs and seeing some pics from the HS50 it has all become very muddled again.

What I want is:-
Distance/length
clarity of picture
Good picture taking speed
Good auto focus

So my question is simply this:-
Which of the Fuji would be best for me? weighty and size are not a concern and nor is the cost as the difference is minimal.

Thanks in advance for any opinions offered, as I truly cannot decide and am not experienced enough to seperate these two cameras.

I would take the HS50 for anything except zooming during video. The manual zoom is much quicker to operate on the HS50 and that would be crucial for getting that quick shot of a bird.

I have recently pulled a Fuji HS50 out of hibernation. I am quite impressed with the quality it can still deliver in good light, I have also been happy with a couple of raw images taken in poor light.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back