• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica Noctivid vs UV HD Plus chromatic aberration control. (1 Viewer)

I found this recent thread a good place to add on to, but a little off topic.

I finally found a Noctovid 10x42 in a retail store, and got to handle and look through it briefly.

Some companies work to place products in stores, this was a Scheels store, a large growing
sporting goods store chain, mostly in the upper Midwest.

This was just a chance to handle it, not to check the optics. I thought the handling was good, but not as good
as the Swarovision or the Victory SF.

The sales person who showed it to me said their sales are 90% Swarovski on the high end. They have
not had the Victory SF at all, but sell quite a few Conquest models. Same with Leica, they usually stock
the midrange Trinovid HD, and sell some of those. Nikon is also missing in the higher end, no Monarch HG,
just the cheaper models.

I can tell some companies pound the pavement with product placement and incentives. Vortex is a big
seller in many stores, as prices are in the range of many budgets.

Jerry

I found this recent thread a good place to add on to, but a little off topic.

I finally found a Noctovid 10x42 in a retail store, and got to handle and look through it briefly.

Some companies work to place products in stores, this was a Scheels store, a large growing
sporting goods store chain, mostly in the upper Midwest.

This was just a chance to handle it, not to check the optics. I thought the handling was good, but not as good
as the Swarovision or the Victory SF.

The sales person who showed it to me said their sales are 90% Swarovski on the high end. They have
not had the Victory SF at all, but sell quite a few Conquest models. Same with Leica, they usually stock
the midrange Trinovid HD, and sell some of those. Nikon is also missing in the higher end, no Monarch HG,
just the cheaper models.

I can tell some companies pound the pavement with product placement and incentives. Vortex is a big
seller in many stores, as prices are in the range of many budgets.

Jerry
The last 8X42 Noctivid I looked through (late October) was phenomenal in all aspects.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back